The many benefits of becoming a Chief Fire Officer (CFO) designee enhance the stature and capabilities of not only the individuals who achieve this designation, but their organizations and communities as well. These benefits include:
- Demonstrating that an individual has developed a strategy for continued career improvement and development.
- Highlighting the CFO's professional and personal growth and providing an individual source of pride.
- Showcasing superior leadership characteristics.
- Developing a commitment to continuing education, training, and skill proficiency.
- Establishing critical core competencies for personnel who serve in senior officer positions.
- Affirming an organization's dedication to proficiency and the proactive delivery of services to the community.
- Improving the hiring process by enabling authorities to quickly identify individuals with superior skills, knowledge, and abilities.