The Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) hosts a series of workshops specifically designed for accreditation of Department of Defense fire and emergency service departments.
Register for an employee training workshop or view the latest dates and locations.
CFAI Basic Workshop Series
The CFAI Basic Workshop Series includes two workshops, held over three days, that are required for agency accreditation managers and highly encouraged for agency heads and all members of the agency accreditation team.
CFAI Self-Assessment Workshop (2 days)
This 16-hour workshop assists fire and emergency service leaders in preparing for and working toward accreditation through a unique self-assessment model. This workshop provides valuable information on conducting an agency self-assessment and how to prepare for an on-site peer assessment visit.
- Explains the benefits of self-assessment and ultimately accreditation.
- Defines the planning requirements for self-assessment.
- Reviews the self-assessment process and the performance activities that define it.
- Prepares fire and emergency service personnel for a successful self-assessment.
- Prepares fire and emergency service personnel for an on-site peer evaluation.
Each student receives a workshop participant manual and the latest edition of the Fire and Emergency Service Self-Assessment Manual (FESSAM).
CFAI Basic Standards of Cover (SOC) Workshop (1 day)
This eight-hour workshop equips fire service personnel to rationally plan for and justify various levels of service. The workshop uses an overview of resource deployment planning and community risk analysis to cover the latest tools for calculating and analyzing risk—and the latest processes for mapping deployment and deployment coverage areas, such as Geographic Information System (GIS) software packages.
- Explains a process that allows agencies to determine their level of service performance in a consistent manner.
- Reviews the CFAI definition of the planning requirements to be considered in the self-assessment process.
- Defines methods agencies can use to determine the levels of service appropriate for its responsibilities and risks.
- Defines methods of developing a Standard of Response Coverage report.
Each student receives a workshop participant manual and the CFAI Standards of Cover, 5th Edition manual.